Monday, September 29, 2014

End of September





Our last weekend of September was a very social one.
It's always nice to spend time with friends, enjoying good food, each other's little ones, and this beautiful autumn weather we've been loving.

The annual biker gang convention was in town, therefore the roads were crowded and the rumble and roaring of tail pipes was constant.  Jasper said, "moke-ickile woud."

Along with thinning our wardrobes and cycling in the fall garb, I've parted with a majority of our baby things, save a most edited down keepsake stash. Coming into this place where we are no longer expanding our family, I am seeking other ways to expand my effectiveness as a human.  This feels as uncomfortable as it does a relief.

I did not take very many photographs this weekend.
It's come to pass that I'm feeling more of a "doing with what is presently surrounding me rather than collect" phase, and
In this phase, I find that I have always just enough, and then some.





3 comments:

Tammi said...

I am seeking other ways to expand my effectiveness as a human. This feels as uncomfortable as it does a relief.

Well said, my friend, well said. I'm feeling the exact same way and I'm stumped on putting it into words or blogging about it. Thanks for sharing your feelings and connecting with me.

Good luck on this new phase. It's a good one.

Nicolette Gawthrop said...

Thanks for taking a peek, Tammi. And thanks, as always for your encouragement. I go back and forth with a synapse overload about this next phase... it's exciting and scary... and not that big of a deal. hahaha.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Sian said...

You take such beautiful photos! Love it :)