Friday, September 5, 2014

Make it Betony

My friend, Betony, makes things.  My friend, Jessica, makes adorable children, and I... well... I take photos.  We three mamas spent the morning last Tuesday collaborating on a little photo-story:























Betony has been making things as long as I've known her- which has been a little over a decade.  We met while both waitressing at an independent family-run restaurant and even then, she was full to the brim of creativity and always happy to share and inspire.  She moved away for a couple of years, and when she returned I was so happy to see her around town again.  Our lives have run parallel courses over the past decade and I've continued to admire and have much love for this lady as we have both become Mothers, and are both finding this outside that role that fill us up and satiate creativity.  Betony has started honing in on her sewing talents and eye for quality and practicality and is making gorgeous cloaks and accessories out of thoughtfully selected materials!  I'm so excited to get a cloak of my own for the coming fall/winter!  Look for more from Betony on her Instagram account and hopefully at the upcoming Little Craft Show.

Jessica's adorable daughters and her own chic-classy-East-coast sensibilities really added to the photo-shoot.  I loved the black and white that her daughters wore with their little silver shoes and am always so smitten with how this trio of Mom/daughters are so adorable together.  Jessica moved here a couple of years ago, a transplant from Brooklyn, and her family is such a wonderful addition to our community.  I have yet to meet a more hard working mother!!!  I kid you not- this lady's ethics are sky high as far as the devotion she shows to raising her two girls with enthusiasm and energy and intelligence.  Plus, she's hands down one of the funniest and kindest people around.  She is a neat lady!

It was wonderful to spend the morning with these lovely souls,  and capture it all with my little lens!  

xo 



No comments: