{2013}
Twenty thirteen was a year for us to gain our footing and find rhythms in navigating life with two toddlers. The (I'm going to say it) struggles of having two small children were very challenging to say the least, but there was also a lot of cute and beauty and humility and growth. We found ourselves in many ways, and are so happy to have had the year we had together. We moved into a great little place that we will call home until we find a home to buy, and as we settled in, gaining confidence in our abilities to be flexible and adventurous, we decided that "We do stuff now." After a year or more of feeling "grounded" in the whirlwind of welcoming a second child, what seemed like one reason after another to stay in and forego the stress of getting out with our two lively Boys, we decided to stop making excuses and we went. And we did stuff.
{WINTER}
{WINTER}

![]() |
| jasper's first birthday candle |
{SPRING}


![]() |
| moving day, may |
![]() |
| This scene. Every Morning. Every night, Between us they sleep. It won't last forever. |
![]() |
| a visit from my baby brother Gage |

{SUMMER}
One of the greatest joys for me, looking back on this past year, is the progress I've made in my (amateur) photography. As time goes on and I see the evolution of my attempts and my ability to frame a shot and find the good light and document little moments- I just don't know if anything else has ever felt like such a good fit in expressing my creativity, in Making an Art piece out of my life. My dad gifted me a DSLR camera mid-year and I've loved working with it. 
![]() |
| it was great year for thrifting: journal page from the 1800s. $5, Goodwill |
![]() |
| the grandest sunflowers, and the sneakiest tomato snipe |
![]() |
| half-birthday boy |

![]() |
| walks to thai food and boys in sandals |

![]() |
| frozen yogurt at bedtime, while the sun still shines |
![]() |
| Fayetteville Roots Festival- photo by Meredith Mashburn Photography |
{FALL}
CHICAGO

![]() |
| photo credit: stranger |
LAKE MICHIGAN



***
![]() |
| husband said this was his favorite moment of the year seeing his boys play his grandma's organ, in Indiana |
![]() |
| baby boy sleeping under a quilt his great grandma made out of his grandpa and great aunts' and uncle's clothes- on the bed his daddy kept when he stayed summers in his youth |
****

![]() |
| peppermint falls at the walton family persimmon seed spit |
![]() |
| private air show on the top of a mountain, deep in the ozarks on a chilly fall day |
HALLOWEEN


HORSESHOE CANYON RANCH, JASPER, ARKANSAS
![]() |
| Thanksgiving scene |
![]() |
| our Big Boy Turned FOUR |
![]() |
| and one to grow on... |
{WINTER, again}
![]() |
| Real life- the trials of toddlerhood. it's beautiful in its own rite |
![]() |
| winter essentials |
![]() |
| my last thrift venture of 2013 ended in my finding old coin and movie ticket stubs in a 30yr+ old pair of slacks |
![]() |
| new year, new feathers. |
My Goodness was it a lovely year. We are looking forward to what the coming weeks and months will bring. There are a lot of changes up ahead in our growing family restaurant business (including my joining the staff) and I look forward to sharing bits and pieces, photos and words with you here on this little Blog. Thank you all for joining along and we'll see what more we can get into around here. It's an on going catch-phrase with my partner in crime and me: "We do stuff now." And I'm so glad that it's so. Happy New Year Friends.
Love to you and Yours.
Favorite Instagrams of the year: {@ozarkmamadeer}
gregory alan isokav at cooper chapel


































































































8 comments:
Absolutely lovely. Every bit of it! I hope I can document my little's happenings as well as you do.
The boys have grown so much in 12 tiny months. Happiness beams out of those little faces-- a true testamant to their mama. Feeling so happy to have had @va_jj mistake us on our IG feeds. Full of love for you and your family, Nico. xo
Absolutely lovely. Every bit of it! I hope I can document my little's happenings as well as you do.
so, so SO good. love this!
(this is natalie, hehe! not luke!) ;)
Beautiful!! You've inspired me to do a 2013 recap on my own blog. Love love your photography lady. Congrats on the new lens, too! Happy 2014 <3
Great photos + words about your year. I'm not sure how I found you, but I think it was those cute Swedish Hasbeens you were sporting. I purchased, put on my feet and realized they looked real cute on you and not on me. So I returned, but still think about them.
I'm headed to Doe Bay Write in April. I hope your name is at the top of the waiting list, as I'd just love to meet you in person.
Happy New Year, friend. Keep writing + taking pictures. You've got something special. xoxo
Soooo many gorgeous pictures. But that one of you holding your son and he has that smirk on his face...priceless! You are blessed. Xo
Post a Comment