The anniversary of Jasper's Birth ended up being much like his arrival two years ago: it came sooner than we were ready, was fast pace, and didn't look exactly how we imagined it would.
Since our little Bear fell ill with the flu three weeks ago, he hasn't quite made it back to full health. Pesky second molars, a lingering cough and resurgence of cold symptoms, along with clingy sleep times in addition to our basic house bound status; not wanting to further expose the kid to more germs since he's so susceptible at this point, have made for quite an interesting end to our baby's second year! While there've been many smiles and laughs and fun times all around, things have been a bit "clunky" as my husband likes to describe. Fortunately, though, we were able to make good with what we had to work with- delirium, cabin fever, a touch of SADS, and all.
Here's what was Good
Thrifted Creatures
Bear's Day

Snow Suits + Mittens

Brothers

Sled Rides






Holding Hands (I first typed Holding Hearts, which also works)

THis:


Sending Mr.2 down on his own




Angel Faces

Drips


Birthday Crowns
It's a miracle we got him to even wear that adorable head piece for the short time we did!

Stroke of Genius Cast Iron Griddled Pancake Tower with Vegan Maple Butter Cream, made by Mommy
I had planned to spend a bit of time tapping away in reflection about what the past two years of have been like for us, what Jasper has brought- how it's been harder than I imagined but how he is more than I ever dreamed. I think I'll save all the grit and get to the gleam- these are our best days, even on the hardest of them. Our little family is EVERYTHING and especially when things don't turn out the way we imagined or visualized, they are are even better in real time. Jasper's Birthday was just like his Birth- nothing fancy, at home, surrounded by Love and Perfect in an unexpected way.
We are so lucky to have had such a sweet little mid-winter Boy to CELEBRATE- Happy Birthday, little Bear.






7 comments:
Eeeee I'm the first one to comment! Holler. He's so beautiful! Happy Birthday Jasper!! Also, that last picture, the best!
I loved this babe. Got some tears, smiles and chills. Great pictures and words used to capture exactly how it was- no sugar coating, but maybe a little butter cream coating in there! Love you
I love that pancake tower and your quick realignment of what needed to be done for your little one (and your sanity, too). Motherhood has so many lessons in flexibility, right?
Also, love your February calendar idea. So sweet.
Happy birthing day to you, too! Good job, mama.
Happy birthday to your sweet baby. I just saw your comment on my dear friend @skeller's Instagram feed about reading her tutorial on instagraming! I came to say hi.
I like this idea of the pancake tower instead of a traditional cake.
A question about your grammar/writing. Why the random capitalization? It's visually jarring and confusing.
I like this idea of the pancake tower instead of a traditional cake.
A question about your grammar/writing. Why the random capitalization? It's visually jarring and confusing.
Heck! I just like to break Rules! They're all just Made Up anyway!
To be completely honest, I'm not a grammar genius. When I was kid, I was overly critical of everyone in my household and in my classrooms of their grammar and prided myself in Daily Oral Language accuracy, but as I've let myself go in that way- I just do what I want. Probably because I'm completely ok with making mistakes!
Glad you like the pancake tower!
Post a Comment