Before I get to my post today, I want to make a little proclamation: I. Am a Blogger. A few posts back I went on a little rant about how I don't consider myself a Blogger per se, and as I am coming to find in this little venture of posting my words and photos, ideas and thoughts on the internet- I'm going to, at one time or another, contradict myself. I have found that instead of trying to hold myself to statements that I make- here, and in life in general- remaining flexible about how I approach my inevitable crow eating is going to serve me best. And that goes for holding others to statements they make, as well. We All deserve a little room for working it out as we go. There's nothing worse than a "But You Said" quip quipped in your direction. I'm going to Golden Rule the crap out of that one- starting with myself.
Probably no one reading here even remembers that statement and my rescinding those words is more for myself than for anyone, but what I mean to really say is that- Yes. I Blog, therefore I am Blogger. I think that what I was really doing back then, a few posts ago, was leaving room for error (e.g. so the I don't look bad or like a poser or a fake.) Because, really, I am just learning as I go and I wouldn't say I have a plethora of resources as far as making a really Pro Blog happen goes, but maybe if I keep at it and keep posting and learning and contradicting myself, something magic will happen... we'll see. There have been more than one occasion where I have regretted "playing it cool" and not being forthright with my Truth, and the truth this time is that I do want to write and blog and share and so Blogger I am.
Onto Blender Juicing…
***a note: a nice person took time to read this over and leave a really useful editing tip- I originally spelled the word rescind, resend. I am grateful to now know the correct usage! Thanks anonymous!"***
6 comments:
Own it. You blogger you. ;)
Nicolette,
I'm trying to send you an email, but there is no contact info on your blog (or pinterest page). Not sure if this is intentional, but I have a little idea I wanted to share with you.
Love the self-proclaimed blogger status. My blog is still not available for everyone to see because I'm too afraid what others will think. Oh, I'm a work in progress.
Tammi
tammisalas@mac.com
RESCIND. Words are not this hard.
Hey Anonymous, How are you?
Thank you for the free editor's eye. I literally spent minutes of my time trying to sort that word's correct spelling out, via the dictionary- didn't think it seemed right. Thank you for teaching me. And just as words are Not hard for your kind, they are just as easily HARSH, it sounds like !
Thanks, Again
So you don't want to call yourself a blogger, but you blog.
Now you are okay with that title? This is a blog post, really?
Riveting material.
Maybe you should go back to just taking awkwardly-staged selfies.
For the record, I think I was *actually* posting a selfie at the time of the previous comment, but I had not seen it and my face-gram had nil to do with this comment.
Also, I think the part about not giving others a hard time for things they've said and contradicting themselves what completely missed.
So, ya don't like this content? Ok.
No need to be so nasty.
Also, I've heard my selfies are Good!!
What the heck?!
Post a Comment