Last night, to check a to-do off my ever growing mental-list of ideas and goals (a bullet on that list to start writing down my lists by the way) I started to compose a Facebook message to a pal of mine who lives a ways out of town to ask that she stop by Terra Studios on her way in and pick me up a little something to mail to this popular blogger that I adore. I've been rearranging the boys' room and it hit me the other day that our tiny bluebird of happiness would be the perfect show of love for the inspiration that lady's been. Halfway through the first sentence I deleted the message. We'd go ourselves. And like it. The weather's been so nice. Our layers are few these past couple days, as happens in Arkansas. The sun has been bright and warm, but our household has felt less light and toasty.
We are adjusting to a newly turned three-year-old clever little Fox who does not nap and exhausts us with his tantrums and his demands and his skills of reason and bargaining. It must be so hard to be constantly monitored and managed. I get that. (I remember that) And we are all in this together but what a challenge it has been to deal. There are a lot of ups and downs.
So after (another) long night- many wakings and much restlessness (as I write this I realize that we probably qualify for some kind of family sleep intervention- but that's another story) when we met the day, as coffee steeped- I upped the Saturday day doings ante and suggested we head west to faerie land USA and collect us a tiny bluebird to mail to that stranger in Florida for whom I feel so kindred.








































3 comments:
I have lived in NWA for 10 years and I still haven't been to Terra Studios, despite it being on my to do list the entire time. You have convinced me! I am making my husband take me for my birthday this week!
oh, that will be a birthday locale of perfection! take a picnic! (ps- i'm also a 10 year NWAer!)
Ummm I want to go to this little place...besides crying babies and sleep deprivation it looks like an awesome day!! I love the blue bird and Kelle will too. And if she doesn't she can send it to Tennessee :)
xx,
Candace
Post a Comment