




For a gal who likes to take photos, I sure do manage to skimp on them when it comes to our 'big' things like birthdays and parties and events. Probably because I'm self-conscious about having my camera all up in my face the whole time and I want to live in the moment, not hiding behind my lens. Still. I managed to capture a few choice little snaps from this past week/weekend as we celebrated our sweet Lou Fox.
His birthday fell on a Wednesday this year and since he is now a big Kindergartner, we had Lou finish most of the day of school before picking him up early with a car full of star wars balloons and taking him for an afternoon at the area's new children's museum. His grandpa joined us and it was really wonderful seeing them explore the facility together. Loukas' favorite meal these days is fish tacos, so we treated him to fancy Latin cuisine at a restaurant on the Bentonville square where his grandpa managed to get us the nicest seat in the house with a view of the christmas lights all around the town's center. I always love seeing the boys with their grandfather. He came to our home immediately after Loukas was born, and helped up clean up his home birth and since then has been present for all of our joys and there for us during the hard times as well. I don't exactly know the words to express how much that means to me, especially living so far from my own folks, who we see rarely.
With a party planned for Sunday, the whole rest the week was spent preparing for and talking (both boys super excited) about the party. Loukas even woke at 4:30am on Sunday (!) and could not get back to sleep. He was so excited to see his "old friends" and have a slice of the s'mores cake that we all dreamed up and describe to our pastry chef friend- whose creation far exceeded our expectations! Jerrmy and I were giddy while preparing for the party- it was truly fun and easy. I decorated minimally with Loukas' choice color from the Target decoration isle, greens, and we were all just happy to see our friends and build a fire and watch the kids run laps around the house. Good, Good times. I just wish I'd taken more photos.
I'm pretty proud of our little six year old. There's probably a lot I could say about how he's growing so fast and I miss his littleness but he's still pretty little and I love all that he is today. The kid is precious. He's smart and kind and energetic and creative and I feel like we are having this very real happily ever after moment in our lives with our growing family.




No comments:
Post a Comment