Monday, June 8, 2015

Catch and Release



Our weekend was quite low-key, although we are amidst one very eventful end of Spring.  Not only is my husband opening a new casual-dining Indian-style eatery later this month, we are also remodeling a home that we purchased last month and plan to move into mid-July. So, with all that is going on, I'm committed to not over doing things socially, lest we lose our ever-loving minds (debatable that the threshold hasn't already been crossed.)

As I grow up a little every passing season, I've come to find that I am in fact- not an extrovert.  I'm not shy or private or quite or timid, but I'm not one who craves social engagements. Maybe that means I'm a getting old?!  Sometimes, I'm just not a party person. I don't have FOMO (fear of missing out) for the same things that I used to as a young adult. Instead of wanting to see and be seen and be all up in all the things that go on it this great town, my FOMO is quite the opposite.  I crave home time.  I crave the everyday.  I fear missing the quiet of slow evenings with close friends, eating in, roaming our wild Ozark yard, deer in our yard, card play with my first born, and a simple game of firefly catch and release. I love letting the house get cluttered and ignoring the bustle and being low and slow- it's nice to take the time to just be, sometimes.  Lord knows it's easy to let the days get away from you.

No comments: