Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ides of March Birthday Weekend

 









***





***






his reaction to the art installment, photo which follows
the figures inflated and deflated in unison

jasper  was captivated











***







***



Birthdays around here mean Good food and a lot of love // We had a nice family weekend, starting Thursday evening with a visit from Jerrmy's mother who brought us the most delicious chicken dinner along with an incredible spice cake.  We lit candles and sang a Happy Birthday to our favorite guy on the eve of his 38th birthday.  And as if all of that wasn't enough, my lovely mother in law surprised her one and only with a bottle of his favorite spirit (which is unavailable locally) and the little boys with fun headlamps!  They were a hit! //  We spent Jerrmy's special day at home, with a pancake breakfast and a quiet afternoon family puzzle building session while he and I sipped margaritas before he went into work on the line at his restaurant for the night- a bit of a pause in the celebration- but Saturday was waiting.  // We ventured North to Downtown Bentonville for a fancy lunch at The Hive, and a brief walk-through to check out 21c Museum Hotel's newest art collection.   I love watching my children's reactions to the art as well as their commentary.  Loukas is specifically coming up with some very thoughtful observations at age 4.  // Snapping a few pics of the art, then following my guys through my view finder as we made our way out- a few quick snaps are never regretted, even when the little guys are not into it.  //  A sweet friend came to our home to hang with our boys for the evening while we had a fantastic meal with Jerrmy's wonderful father and our dearest friends at our very favorite Northwest Arkansas Japanese Cuisine destination.  I was slack about taking photos- instead staying in the moment, enjoying the food and conversation and laughs.  Karate Kid projected on the wall to Radiohead, Portishead and other tracks of that nineties icon rock genre.  We drank two bottles of Bride of the Fox sake and Jerrmy ordered Ramen (the most delicious Ramen) to-go following our sushi feast.  It was a happy birthday meal (of many birthday meals) indeed, a perfect Ides of March day.  // Today, we are lazy at home and our windows are like snow globes with a wintery mix dancing about outside all around us.  Winter is coming to a close this next week- one last blustery display of the season is most welcome.

Thanks for stopping by -xo


1 comment:

Alannah said...

Wait - that cake was in the house at the same time I was?? I'm so glad I didn't know.

I am already looking forward to the next time I get to spend with your sweet boys.