Monday, September 9, 2013

Here and Now

Hello, Monday.

Happy September!  I forgot to say the last time a I posted.  So, Happy September, All.  We had a nice low key Labor day a week ago and since then I've collected little tid-bits of Life to share here, on this Blog of mine.  This Blog which I realized a few days after my last entry that my declarations of "Hey, my life is really great, look at these pictures of my kids, but sometimes I have meltdowns" might come across as completely shit-head like and ungrateful.  By just stating that I am grateful that doesn't make it so, it surely doesn't hurt to take stock every opportunity that arises.

I don't know much, but I know this much:  My kids are healthy.  I am healthy.  My husband is healthy.  We live in a relatively peaceful society.  We have clean water, and lots of delicious food.  Everything that is real and important to me in my life is right here, right now.  I've never wanted anything more than to be a happy human, and being a Mother of two little happy humans takes whatever joy I've ever experienced in my life and multiplies that joy exponentially.  To the nth degree.  Exponentially.  Nth/exponential sandwich.

∆∆∆

So. Photos.  Of life.  This Past Week.

On Labor Day, I participated in a little fashion photo shoot for a local shop, Four Legged Bird, which is this really hip little store that sells a lot of fun handmade and vintage items.  The shoot took place at the home of one of the shop vendors, Sarah Nunn who designs and sells a fun line of upcycled clothing and handbags, called Cuckoo.  I got to get all dolled up and head out to Sarah's house which is a little homestead on the top of a mountain, about 20 minutes from Fayetteville.

The fella's arm you see here, he spent his weekend doing hair and make up at New York Fashion Week this past weekend!  So, That's pretty fancy.  His partner is one of the owners of Four Legged Bird, who I had the privilege of sharing a car ride out to the shoot last Monday.  Great guys, it was nice chatting- if you are reading here, guys- so nice to make Friends.  xo

There were many a pretty thing to look at.  Sarah is an avid thrifter and has a kindred eye for beauty.  

most of these are my shoes, ps.

I loved seeing where she lives and admiring her style up close.




And her collection?  There are several pieces I'd like to snatch up!



For five-ish hours I was a girl in many different outfits and shoes and no one used me as a napkin.  Glorious, I tell you.  And it was just enough time away to really want to squeeze my sons upon return home.



Oh.  And there were PONIES! 


∆∆∆

Later that day, we drove North to Grandma's (my husband's mother's).  And every time we do (at least the last few times we have) Loukas falls asleep.  

Such a sweet moment, waking at your Grandma's house.  That photo on the
nightstand, there, is a of Jerrmy and His mom around Jasper's age now.  

There were cold beverages.


And Bubbles.


I feel like Labor Day is a Last call for summer.  It's floating away, y'all.  Bye Bye Bubbles and sidewalk chalk...


Bye Bye Sandals and Sundresses


And Spring Wedding Bouquets...

my mother in law was married in May!


∆∆∆
Hello glowy Fall-feel shaded picnics with friends:


(I love seeing my kids in the woods.  This little place is right in the middle of town but feels pretty woodsy.  It feels so great to be amongst the trees, the green, the pretty shadows, the bird sounds and wild flowers.  I love it.  Oh, and I like when my baby gets into a mess of micro-ticks and I have to strip him down real quick and frantically-ish brush off the little buggers!!  Downside- finding the leftover guys you missed later that day, Upside- cute naked baby toosh for the duration of the woods stay. So, That happened.) 

 When we arrived for our little late morning playdate on Wednesday, our little friends had arranged a picnic for the woodland faeries.


And then Jasper ate it. 




Sweet Loukas tried to comfort one of the girls who was pretty miffed about the pilfered faerie meal.   Proud mama moment.



That's a sweet glass of pride right there. 



∆∆∆

There was a make a break for it moment on Thursday, when we were running late to a friend's art show- a meatloaf I prepared for dinner took about an hour longer to bake than I had expected- we waffled, to go or not go, and finally jammied our kids up and set out for a little pre-bed soiree.  It turned out to be a great little bedtime routine mix-up.  Those little last minute adventures are one of my favorite indulgences.
































This is a new one:
 Loukas has to hide for the first while when we enter into a social setting.
It's cute.  And he warms up.   




∆∆∆

Saturday night found us At The Drive In Movie!  It was also a last minute 'go for it' moment and it turned out to be really sweet and special.  







A couple nights of carrying heavy musty sleepy baby bodies to bed with out a bath- those are some good memories we are making.

∆∆∆

And then there was Sunday.  Quiet moments drinking coffee while the boys played in their little upstairs playroom.  Happily, we took the gate away from the bottom of the stairwell which leads to their little Toy Loft as Jasper can now easily go up and down the stairs without assistance!

 We are fans of the lower key Sunday Farmer's market this time of year.




We're getting to the bottom of the summer barrel.



Enjoying getting to know this little camera.  Hoping to join some kind of camera course this Fall/Winter.
For now, just playing around and happy to get lucky here and there with a good shot.
Night is falling faster, that slow glow of summer's end is promising slower days, cooler breezes, and a changing color scape.  We will soon be seeking warmth and avoiding the cold.  There will be ice on the ground, instead of in our glasses before we know it.  Soak up these last days of bare shoulders and sticky naked babies.  Stroll out to your gardens to pluck your dinner fixin's, and breathe it in.

Last call, Y'all.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh, I sure do heart you and your pics are lovely! Way to go on learning the Nikon.

Amanda said...

This post is wonderful! I love all the images. The bubbles being my favorite! And the drive in situation is pretty darling! So many lovely albums can be filled for your family to look back on:)
It seems like you are really creating a space that you wanted and are reaching out to lots:)
Love

Emily Hackethorn said...

Lovely, just lovely!

Unknown said...

Oh, I just love all your pics!

Unknown said...

I love this post! The photos are beautiful :)