Thursday, January 22, 2015

Baby Maple Pearly














I had the honor to call on my sweet friends, Janée and Bayard, just days following the birth of their gorgeous baby girl, Maple Pearl.  There's nothing like being welcomed into that fleeting bubble of newborn blessedness to capture the little moments that will all too quickly be past.  It's easy to forget how intense the newborn parenting experience is.  The exhaustion and emotions along with the gratitude and bliss.  There were many times I wanted to tear up just listening to dear Janée's birth story (one of an empowering natural VBAC) and more tears welled up as I watch my friend Bayard care for his baby girl with the tenderness and vulnerability of a new Dad.

These photos are being shared with permission of the family and I am proud to have been welcomed to document for these beautiful humans.  It is my hope that I will be welcome to serve more families in our community in this way!

xo




Please do not take or use any of these photos without permission.
All photos copyright Nicolette Gawthrop 2014

1 comment:

Angela said...

these are such beautiful treasures.