Sunday, June 22, 2014

That Time We Visited Moss Mountain



















































































Perhaps you've heard of P. Allen Smith?  And maybe you've also heard of Moss Mountain, Allen's Garden Home Retreat.  Well, let me tell you- the man and his garden retreat home are just as lovely as you'd imagine.   

A few weeks ago, my husband and his restaurant partner were asked to speak to a group of bloggers at Moss Mountain, telling their restaurant's story following a lunch where the launch of a mass produced version of their Black Bean Burger (that won the the US Foods World Food Championship back in November) was served.  That's all kind of a lot to include in just one sentence.  Brass tacks- we took a two-family road trip, finding ourselves at P. Allen's for a better part of last Monday, and it was lovely.  The husbands did a great job of not only telling our restaurant's story, but really conveying the love that goes into it all.  (And that's the truth.)  I was a proud wife. 

There were some really nice blogger-folks to meet, as well as a friend from Instagram (Sundry Mumsy- check her out.)  From what I gathered, there are periodic events such as this at Moss Mountain where bloggers are treated to a day of learning, togetherness, and food.  Like a day camp.  I made sure to casually plug my humble work here (and on Instagram) to one or two folks, and it was fun when a couple of the gals actually were familiar with my Ozark Mama Deer contributions to the internet.  Anyway, the day was not about me, but I did snap several snaps and I thought I'd bring them back here and give y'all a little taste of P Allen's Place and if you are in the area- do visit.  It's a nice place to visit.  Beautiful land, lovely gardens, heritage chickens, horses, green, green and more green.  Oh.  And the house.  It's pretty fab. (And if you are a blogger- I'd find a way to get in on one of these events- seems like a valuable and fun way to spend a day.  Plus:  Because, Food.  The food situation was looking pretty choice.  Let's just say- there was an ice-cream truck)

***
Our big day down south ended in a half-way-to-home over-night stop in Ozark, Arkansas, where we were treated to a lovely evening at the historic family home of our dear friends.  Lovely views, the golden glow of a summer's-here sunset, bbq ribs, squirt guns, a rabid skunk scare (yep.  that happened), evening swinging, lightening bugs, sweaty kids, bare feet, bubble baths and sneaking away after the bedtime to sip drinks and chat til midnight-- a whole lot of little things that made for a big time.  










Big Time.

xo

4 comments:

cj said...

So proud of the GHG gang...and those photos! I want to hang them in my house, especially that last one. I'll pretend it's my child's silouette.

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful day, and you've captured it perfectly. Love every-single-one of these photos!

Angela said...

gorgeous images, Nico. that last silhouette took my breath away.

Sian said...

oh wow these photos are just stunning!