Saturday, August 10, 2013

At This Moment- Sounds of a Season

The sounds of my summer:  The following albums have ruffled my little soul feathers these past couple months- particularly the discovery of Jose Gonzales.

Jose Gonzales- Veneer (2006), Especially Track 5, Heartbeats



And Junip: 


And my secret (not so secret) crush:

Favorite Release This Year
I was Lucky enough to see Gregory Alan Isokav and shake his hand back in May. I first saw him Last year, at my husband's side project music festival, Fayetteville Roots Festival (which is just 10 days away!!) :


Gregory's lyrics and dreamy voice paired with the haunting strings of his talented ensemble... a soul ruffler for sure.  And!  He was recently on NPR- check it out!



And these have played on repeat, the sounds of years past that I'm just now catching onto:

Head and the Heart- 2001




Oh! And, of course- I can't leave out the soundtrack of nursing my Baby Bear to sleep twice (or more) daily:



These are the sounds that will bring me back to this time in my life years from now, a favorite aspect of the sensory experience of listening to and viscerally loving music and feeling what was your now when you fell in love with the sounds of a season.

What are the sounds of your summer?  

1 comment:

Emily Hackethorn said...

We are obsessed with the Vampire Weekend album & of course Head & the Heart! Xo