| (Art installment in the bizarrely curated 21c Museum Hotel lobby, Bentonville.) |
Some days, when I find myself wanting to create, in the midst of formulating thoughts to share with others, I stumble upon things completely different that end up taking me to places I didn't think I was going to go. And I end up receiving instead of creating. Today, I stumbled upon a link on my Facebook profile while looking for an image to share on an unrelated blog post. I've been less Facebooky lately, having succumb to a moderate attachment to Instagram. Ok- I'm full on addicted, but I digress. The link on my Facebook timeline (which I am not too sharp about but have been having fun exploring it) is actually one that lead to my reading the birth story that I composed in the days following Loukas' birth, and published as a "Note." What I received in finding such an archive was a look back in time, correspondence with a Me of past. And I liked Me then. And I am proud of the Me from then. Which feels nice.
I remember the rush of sharing such an intimate experience in my life and I remember that I loved how it was received and looking back at the comments still makes my heart soar. Also, reading the words is so much a gift. I will forever be proud of that experience and also proud that I chose to relive my first greatest accomplishment in my little life, that I have those words to go back and read and re-read and marvel at how it was and how it is now to be a new Mother. For all my faults, I must say that not documenting is up there on the list of things I am 'working on,' that through my Instagram addiction and keeping up with this blog, I aspire to have lots and lots of words and photos to marvel at in the years to come.
In December, I attempted to re-write Loukas' birth story as a Mommy Birthday present to myself, told three years later with new details that come to the surface as the years pass and the ecstasy of the experience that was so heavy, so life changing, has lifted and I am left with funny, cute details that are just as important to me as the ones that were recorded in those Blissed Out postpartum days. Of course I was interrupted by the kid's wakings and lost my flow in writing in December, so that blog post was a cliff hanger- cancelled during the series winter break. But maybe I will plan to try to recall a little bit every year on my kids' special days. Today is only a special day because it is Today, it is not an anniversary of anything that calls for Birth Story shares, but it is Saturday and I stumbled upon this little "note" and I want to share it here. And I hope the link to my Facebook note works, because I don't know much about all these Internet things, but maybe there will be complications, and I'll have to try some other way of sharing but here goes:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/nicolette-gawthrop/mlittle-birth-story/232049307123
No comments:
Post a Comment