Saturday, June 9, 2012

If I May


I've been here and there lately, having to remind myself when I feel mentally challenged that my baby is but 4 months old.  

June already?!
 I am new at this, this having two babies.  And somedays are without a doubt, trying.  It seems that 'struggle' is a common theme around here.  Especially surrounding eating and sleeping times, combined with the abundance of activity that Spring time presents.  We are tempted to go-go-go, and it's exhausting.   But we are getting by.

Every few days I must pull back the reins on the goings and doings, and bring our energy back home.  Today is one of those days.  Maintaing balance is important, I have found.  Sometimes the weight of socializing can tip the scale just to the point of breaking and therefore, this Saturday night:: we rest.  Stay in our PJs, snack and watch toon-movies, and recharge for another week of park, play, sunshine and friends.  For Summer is just around the bend.


***
Although we are one week into June, I want to back track a bit, recap our May and hopefully as the season changes so will my presence in the blogosphere.  Because it's fun. And I feel a bit satiated of my desired to create.

Our May flowers came in the form of street fairs, warm temperatures, playdates, meals with friends, and togetherness...
Block Avenue Block Party was hot!  The second annual street fair on our town's favorite avenue was quite the event!  I am very proud of those who worked so hard to create such hip extravaganza for Fayetteville.  
We've attempted to make it to our beloved Farmer's Market at least weekly.  Loukas is clever at finding mates to enjoy the town square with.  

Yard sitting while the kids play is rich and easy.  I am always grateful for Lady-friend visitors :)  "Wash Rody with the bubbles Skye brought" was popular that day .

Family Parties, I am finding,  are A+!!!  Loukas enjoys outdoor sports.  He's uninhibited and cheerful, and content to explore all his own, but still cautious where he needs to be.  I like that about him.  
 
We saw Wilco!  And Jasper came with!  Then there was another amazing wine dinner at the restaurant,  this time with a local food/ sustainable wine theme featuring our favorite band of all time!  Jerrmy has been hard at work both at the restaurant and on his side project, a classy music festival that will take place in August, for its 3rd year(!!!!).  I really am astounded by how much that husband of mine gets done!! Always proud and grateful.
We had unexpected visitors!  My mother surprised us with a quick overnight visit as the month came to an end...  It's always fulfilling to see your children in your Mother's lap, especially when it happens but yearly :) (That's baby cousin Lexi hanging with Percy Bear, it was great to see my little brothers and sisters, Cody & Whitney, Gage and Addison)
***
 Speaking of Mothers... My third Mother's Day as the celebrated was the best yet.  It seems letting go of any expectations of what the day is "suppose to be" led to my experiencing a joyful present-minded day.  And it was Fun. 
Nothing Like "getting out of town" for an afternoon.  (Also, nothing like a Spring shower to arrive just as you pull away to drive home.)

We found our way, that puffy cloud filled sky blue sky day, to our area's state park.

The babies were properly Sunday'd and our heart were full.  
Complete with a heart shaped rock find and super-secret-very unexpected SURPRISE envelope for yours truly in the contents of our family picnic!!!  A very special, easy, lovely day that did not, however go over without a toddler tantrum or two ;)

***
Oh May... Where did you go?
Sidewalk chalkin... colored pencil sharpening (this is a pretty big deal for LFG)... easy days

Holding hands, park dates and car port hoop-play, back seat shade-dunning days...


Oh and the special days that we share special meals with our Favorites...


 It was good,  May... see ya next year
***
As the days are reaching their longest, the sun staying a little later each day, we are happy to be visited by quite the array of woodland friends, right here in our yard!

This little fox has been spotted three times this week!

Mr. Groundhog is a regular too...

The bunnies like to visit at sunset

and a sweet little finch has commandeered my hanging lobelia to nest away...
 How grateful we are to be surrounded by such lovely Ozark friendlies, and how grateful that for this year, at least, we have no garden to be pilfered.
***
And for now...

The biggest news around here is:: we've got a movin' Bear.  Jasper is a regular floor gymnast, dazzling us with his perfect 10 form as he twists his chubby little body around to roll from his back to his belly, then pulls his arms from under his body and pushes himself up into perfect sphinx pose.  Maybe this  little boy will practice a bit of Yoga with me one day...
The other big news is that Loukas is becoming quite the singer at 2 1/2,(Happy Half Birthday to Lou...oh, yes we celebrate the half birthdays at our house :)   At a delicious Thai food meal on Thursday night, this #1 son serenaded us with "twinkle twinkle little star" his first ever breakout into song.  We received many a sweet stranger smile...  And he has continued to impress us with his diddies... mostly with themes from his favorite toons.
***
Thursday was a big day for firsts::  I (with a lot of help) folded my first origami crane.  At the most breathtakingly beautiful community art installation to benefit a yoga instructor, mother, and stellar human being who was last year diagnosed with ALS; where one thousand folded cranes  were intended to be crafted, I folded 4 paper cranes.  With an open heart and many laughs at my awkward hands, I fashioned these fellas::

The blurry photo does justice, for this first born just barely passed for a crane... 
#2..

These were my favorite!  Such fun paper, so I made twins!!!  I see an origami folding habit in my future, I've already been stalking kits on amazon!

***
Onward toward Solstice::

Homemade popsicles are on the ready...
Out with the coffee machine and in with the juicer!!

Two weeks remain of Spring, and that Summer buzz is in the air.  

Oh, we will be making rainbows this summer...





No comments: