Saturday, April 21, 2012

Take 2

Since singing on and posting my first blog post five days ago, I've been secretly bubbling with excitement over this virtual journal of mine.  Composing half baked posts in my head throughout the day of diaper changing, nursing, potty teaching, fanny wiping,  pace changing.  Flighty plans for what to share from our days.  Ideas that are lost in the quick turn arounds of being a full time mama to 10 week old and 29 month old boys, whom ultimately take precedence over silly nothings like blog post ideas.   


But tonight I will attempt to continue to break ground on this project from the heart.  You see, I mean to document the tiny moments that last for so little, come and go so quick.  The moments I swear to record in my mind, but can in no way guarantee will be remembered.  I want to have this place where I can come and reflect and be and save, so that these moments that I so desperately wish to hold close are not forgotten.  So that I might let go of my yearning to preserve this one wonderful time when my babies are still small and Enjoy them while deep in my being Yearning for it all to slow.  I will forgive myself of my ignorance of blog-page-building and my novice writing style, and just do this thing.  Heart first.  And hopefully, at least, my Mom and Dad will get a kick out of my ramblings about holding on to the beauty of this time in our young family's life and letting go of the discomfort that blinds us from seeing that beauty.
****


Our public library proved to be an enjoyable outing with my little ones.  We've visited 'baby bookworm' and 'story time' before but yesterday was the first time we stayed awhile after story time and had a morning at the library.  We read books, played a Dora computer game (which consisted of Loukas taking the ear phones off and on saying, "Too Woud"- I'd adjust the volume and he'd turn it back up "Too Woud") and finally segued to the lobby coffee shop- a needed transition for a smooth exit- to have a little snack.  All while baby brother nursed and slept in the sling


Before his post 'libary' nap, Loukas said so clearly "I love my Brother." "I love Jasper."
I didn't cry but it seemed like I should have.

(My photos are all taken on my iPhone for now, so the quality is not great.  I'm saving up for  this camera)
****


Today, my boys and I were solo most the day while Jerrmy worked a wedding catered by his restaurant.  He lovingly prepared a meatloaf, placed it in the oven and headed out just before noon and returned home half an hour ago (just before midnight).  

Loukas' favorite new game (besides playing diggers) is to trap his ball in this small tree where he can then spring it from its wedged position; he is mimicking a scene from earlier this week when Jerrmy kicked the new bright orange orb into the air where it lodged itself in the branches of a hickory tree and had to be rescued by tossing another ball to knock it down.  Needless to say- this act was a major Win as far as cheap entertainment goes.

We enjoyed the chill of a sunny spring day.  Jasper is a fan of the outdoors.  But we are not fans of the  gangster blue jays which sabotaged our friend the Robin's nest which for the second year is perched on the magnolia tree branch immediately outside our picture window.  Last year the robins' made it through to hatching, their sturdy nest weathered the rainiest of rain seasons seen by these parts in a century, only to be Plucked from the nest by a Nasty Crow!  Nature is tough!  I was pregnant with Jasper just after the Robin's nest charade of 2011, and was thrilled to see another Robin mama make it her own this year.  Damn those bluejays and crows, or heck, maybe robins are just really delicious... 
These lovelies were an impulse
buy at a local shop on the
square last week during farmer's market.
They've been a nice presence this week,
a sparkle in my eye!

Loving the spring time colors on my feet and on my body.  I scored a fancy kimono style robe on Ebay which came this week and when flowing behind me as I do housework, does make a mama feel beautiful!  My fun red espadrilles are simple and add a nice spark to my comfy postpartum look this spring.


Loukas Fox does love him some play dough time!  That's for sure!    It's a fun exercise in letting go of expectations as an adult, allowing the freedom of his toddlerhood to explore and mix the dough colors together.   A reminder to not censor his creativity with my conditioned thinking, letting go of that play dough is a precious commodity that need be kept in tact.  (I've recently come to realize that I am a bit of an art supply hoarder, as if my doomsday scenario includes a giant craft circle.)  No, son, no.  Your play dough needn't be rationed for tomorrow- live for now "Make Colors" as you so beautifully sang while loving your dough time today.  Until the sun had set and it was time for bed and you sang, "time for sleep" to your colors... 



***

We made it through the day and the meatloaf is all gone (we ate it for lunch and dinner.  it was a mini-meatloaf.  and it was super delicious) and here I sit and it's tomorrow and my guys are all at rest.  My head is floating and my eyelids are heavy and I feel so happy to have made this effort tonight... 



Perhaps I'll even share this one this time...